Saturday, February 19, 2011

Getting ready!


Expo was good, not as great as the Rock N Roll, but it was good! I started to experience MAJOR rib pain yesterday, I mean BAD so I went to the dr. today! She said I have "Costochondritis", or inflammation of my rib bones. Could be from all the bad coughing in Dec/Jan and the bronchitis a couple weeks back. Oh Joy! LOL

I explained to her there was NO WAY I wasn't going to run tomorrow and she needed to figure out a way to help me do that. :o)

Her answer: Steroid Shot (YES!!! No pain now 2 hours later!!) ,800mg Ibuprofen to take today with LOTS of water to prevent kidney stuff, only tylenol in the morning and promising to her I would stay WELL HYDRATED, then the best part? VICODEN for after the race!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah! :o) I should just take it at mile 24...hahahahaha! Just Kidding!

Finished up my music.
Got the MASS AMT of gels. (lol)
Outfit washed and ready.
Bought a bigger pouch for my fuel belt to hold all those gels!
Salt Pills purchased.
iPod all set.
Garmin all charged up.

I feel VERY at peace about tomorrow. WOO HOO!

Chris is going to bring me so he can be there from the start to finish and my sister will bring Adrianna around 10ish to be at the finish for me. The other two would be miserable so they are staying behind with Grandma this time around. Maybe next year. :o) Chris wanted to be able to focus only on me, and I wasn't going to argue with that..LOL!

Dinner tonight at Gino's with family and friends.

Everything else is laid out for tomorrow so hopefully I can sleep tonight! Yikes! I just remembered I need peanut butter for my toast tomorrow!!!!!!!!! Okay, back to the store I go and off to guzzle MORE WATER! :o)

Tomorrow's Weather Forcast:

62-66 by noon.
73% Humidity (that's going to suck! HA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment