Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Seasoned, SMART Runners!

Okay so I just got off the phone with a Marathon Runner...seasoned, strong and smart! It can be so confusing, so overwhelming, and even spirit crushing when you run with others. On the flip side, it can also be very encouraging, motivating and fun too!

With alot of things in my life, I tend to see something working for someone and I think, "Hey, I'm going to try that!" and what I'm realizing about running is that I just can't do that!! I need to do what is best for ME, the way I am wired! I had a friend tell me after completing my Triathlon that I was holding back during that training and you know what? I guess I did. Something happens on race day and I just GO! I don't "compartmentalize" things, I don't "overanalyze" things, I do EVERYTHING in my life leading with my heart...my passion! I realized today that I'm different than MOST of my friends which is probably one of the reasons I adore them all like I do. But for ME, I WILL push through the pain, I will go the speed I want to go and will STOP worrying so much!

Here's to training MY WAY! LOL

I'm fired up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment