Friday, October 22, 2010

Tomorrow I RUN!


Tomorrow I run my FIRST HALF MARATHON!!! I am beyond excited! NOT nervous, EXCITED! For some reason I've totally been discounting this race, making it seem like it's NOT a big deal, but it IS! It's hard to feel like it's a big deal when some of my friends are doing the FULL at the same time. But I'm over it, for some reason, I am just over it. Just like that! I've prayed for my negativity to be lifted from my heart and IT HAS!!! I am joyous! I WILL CELEBRATE my success tomorrow. :o)

Adrianna made some signs for me (ALL ON HER OWN, NOT PROMPTED BY ME!!!) along with a bracelet for "good luck"! It has the first letter of everyone's name in the family and is the BEST gift I could receive! :o) I made TShirts for the kids, and yes I know it's probably a little silly since it's only a Half Marathon but I'm ME, I CELEBRATE EVERYTHING!

Even though I've run this distance twice during training this race is something different...it's what I've trained for! I will finish, and I will finish STRONG!

After talking with a friend the other day I started thinking, "Why do I run?". It's a good question and I think the answer is much more simple than I thought. I wanted a reason that sounded "uplifting" , "motivating" , "glamourous" ....ha....but truth of the matter is, it's simple:

I RUN TO PROVE I CAN GO THE DISTANCE AND MAKE IT TO THE FINISH!

My life seems to have been filled with TONS of challenges, LOTS of obstacles to overcome, MUCH insecurity, and a whole lotta hope in what is to come. The theme in my life is typically, "knock me down, so I can get back up just a little stronger than I was".

I'M A FIGHTER.
I PERSEVERE.
I AM STRONG.

I WILL NOT QUIT.

Running has magnified these phrases for me.
It has made me realize my value.

You go out there with lots of stress, different things to think about and focus on and you leave it on the pavement!
TAKE IT OUT THERE AND LEAVE IT THERE!
Very wise words from a running friend of mine....SO VALUABLE!


So tomorrow while I line up with all my friends, some doing the half and some doing the full, I will be happy for them and encourage them along,
BUT THIS IS MY RACE! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment