Thursday, October 21, 2010

Last run before the Half!

Treadmill by ginaauditore at Garmin Connect - Details

Well, that's it! With Chris out of town I had no choice but to hop on the treadmill in the garage and push out a quick 30 minutes as my last run before Saturday! I went today and got my gels and gum and am now all set! Going to attempt to make little tees for the kids with 13.1 appliques on them for race day since I didn't get around to making halloween shirts and now have 3 black shirts I bought last year...LOL! :o)

I've been working on my iPod, spent some time this morning praying about Saturday's run, praying for my calf muscle and drinking lots of water today since Saturday is going to be warm...joy! Ha!

I would like to get my Garmin setup to beep at each mile and to beep if my heart rate gets too high...hopefully I'll get that done before we head out to New Braunfels tomorrow afternoon. I'm picking Adrianna up and heading to the hotel an hour and a half away, then joining friends at Carinos for pasta dinner! Chris will meet us at the hotel straight from the Austin Airport around Midnight (hopefully I'll be sleeping, but I doubt it!) Will mix up my Accelerade bottles for my fuel belt in the morning and pack up my gear!

  • 11/2 hrs before start, eat toast w/peanut butter and drink coffee.
  • 1/2 hr before start eat banana
  • I take my grose Tangerine Gel 2xcaff 40 minutes into the race
  • 80 minutes into the race I take my Razz Clif Shot (o caff)
  • Hour 2 I take another PB Tangerine, not sure if I need to be doing this or not but I felt fine during the 14 miler . Haven't decided if I'm going to do this or not but will bring it since you aren't supposed to do anything different on race day! :o)
Focus for today and tomorrow...drink my water!!

GETTING EXCITED!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment